The Seamless Garment Network has changed its name to Consistent Life Network and now can be found at consistentlife.org.
|Maryland-D.C. Area Pro-Life|
Events, Projects and Groups
Last updated September 22, 2017
Events & Activities
This is a very partial listing of pro-life events in the Maryland-D.C. area. If you know of additional events that should be listed, please e-mail me. I usually do not include sectarian events (masses, rosaries, etc.) Please use the listed contact points for more information about listed events. In many cases, I do not have additional information myself.
- Wednesday, September 27-Sunday, November 5, 2017 - 40 Days for Life, vigils outside abortion facilities. (All vigils are on public sidewalks or public right-of-way outside the indicated abortion facilities, not on the property of the facilities.)
- Annapolis, MD - Planned Parenthood, 929 West St., Annapolis, MD
- Baltimore/Catonsville, MD - Hillcrest Clinic, 5602 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, MD
- College Park, MD - Metropolitan Family Planning, 5915 Greenbelt Road, College Park, MD
- Frederick, MD - Planned Parenthood, 170 Thomas Jefferson Dr., Frederick, MD
- Fullerton, MD - Whole Woman's Health, Belair Beltway Plaza, 7648 Belair Road, Fullerton, MD
- Washington, DC - Planned Parenthood, 1225 14th St. NE, Washington, DC
- Thursday, October 12, 2017, 6:15 PM - Feminists for Life President Serrin Foster speaks on The Feminist Case Against Abortion, St. Robert Bellarmine Chapel, George Mason University, 3301 Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA.
- Thursday, October 19, 2017, 8-9:30 PM - Georgetown Pregnancy Resource Forum, Georgetown University, 3700 O St. NW, Washington, DC.
- Saturday, October 21, 2017, 1-5 PM - Maryland Right to Life Bull and Oyster Roast, Columbus Gardens, 4301 Klosterman Avenue, Baltimore, MD. $40; reserve in advance.
- Saturday, October 21, 2017, 8 PM-Midnight - Indian Summer Ball, The Organization of American States, 17th St. and Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC. Benefits Northwest Center. Tickets $120/person, $220/couple. Must be purchased in advance.
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 6-9 PM - Rockville Women's Center 30th Anniversary Banquet, McLean Bible Church Montgomery County, 12440 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD. No charge, but need to register in advance.
Weekly & Monthly Events
- Every Saturday - Sidewalk counseling and witness at abortion sites. Email the listed contact person for site times and details.
- Planned Parenthood, 1400 Spring St., Silver Spring MD - Janet Baker
- Potomac Family Planning Center, 966 Hungerford Dr., Rockville MD - Bill Luksic
- Metropolitan Family Planning Clinic, 9063 Shady Grove Ct., Gaithersburg MD - Bill Luksic
- Landover Women’s Health Center, Landover MD - Don Mayse
- Metropolitan Family Planning, 5915 Greenbelt Road, College Park MD - Dick Retta
- Metropolitan Women’s Health Center, 9811 Mallard Dr., Laurel MD - Jim Vorstegat
- Every Thursday, Noon - 1 PM - Face the Truth Tour, Whole Woman's Health of Baltimore, Belair Beltway Plaza, Belair Road just inside Baltimore Beltway. For more information, contact Kurt, 410-913-3931.
- Third Wednesdays, 3:30-4:30 PM - Truth Tour, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, 6701 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD. For more information, contact Joe Frese, 443-567-5932.
The Gabriel Network
The Gabriel Network (formerly known as the Gabriel Project) provides a supportive Christian environment and help with basic needs to pregnant women facing poverty and homelessness, empowering them to embrace motherhood and choose life.
Gabriel Network is a non-profit organization that has been helping women for over ten years. They are a network of churches, individuals, businesses, agencies, donors, organizations and professional personnel inspired by Christ to realize a culture of life through loving service to women facing a crisis pregnancy.
Gabriel Network operates primarily in the Maryland/DC area and offers transitional maternity housing, eviction and foreclosure prevention, emergency shelter, rent and mortgage assistance, referral services, transportation, educational and professional development, health training, material assistance and a 24-hour client care line: 1.800.ANGEL.OK (English and Spanish).
Gabriel Network has helped more than 6000 mothers and their children since 1998. For more information, and to offer support, contact:
Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Crisis pregnancy centers usually provide a wide range of services for pregnant women and their male partners who would have great difficulty in maintaining themselves and their baby without assistance. This assistance is usually provided without fee. Although some of them are religiously affiliated, the services are usually provided without regard to the woman's religious affiliation or lack of affiliation. Most provide or refer to free pregnancy testing. Many provide counseling, or referrals to counseling, to persons struggling with the aftermath of abortion.
Lists of Maryland-D.C. Centers
The following are listings of crisis pregnancy centers, and often other service providers to women with crisis pregnancies in Maryland and the District of Columbia:
Or use the Find a Center service to locate the nearest Centers to you.
Crisis Pregnancy Center Home Pages
Not all crisis pregnancy centers have home pages. However, here are some in the Maryland-D.C. area for whom I've found Web pages:
If you know of any other crisis pregnancy centers in Maryland or D.C. with Web pages, please email me. If you are connected with a crisis pregnancy center that doesn't have a Web page but would like to, the CPC Network offers free Web site hosting for crisis pregnancy centers.
- Aberdeen, MD - Alpha's Glory
- Annapolis, MD - Pregnancy Clinic Ministry
- Baltimore, MD - Auberne Center
- Baltimore, MD - Greater Baltimore Center for Pregnancy Concerns
- Baltimore, MD - Women's Care Center
- Bel Air, MD - Birthright of Bel Air Pregnancy Center
- Bowie-Crofton, MD - Pregnancy Clinic Ministry
- Forestville, MD - Forestville Pregnancy Center
- Frederick, MD - CareNet Pregnancy Center of Frederick
- Gaithersburg, MD - Shady Grove Pregnancy Center
- Laurel, MD - Laurel Pregnancy Center
- Lexington Park, MD - Pregnancy Care Center of Southern Maryland
- Mountain Lake Park, MD - Mountain Top Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Olney, MD - Birthright of Montgomery County
- Reisterstown, MD - Alpha Pregnancy Center
- Rockville, MD - Rockville Women's Center
- Severna Park, MD - Pregnancy Clinic Ministry
- Silver Spring, MD - Centro Tepeyac Pregnancy Resource Center
- Washington, DC - Capitol Hill Pregnancy Center
- Washington, DC - The Northwest Center
Project Rachel is the post-abortion healing ministry of the Catholic Church. It will help anyone struggling with the aftermath of abortion - women, men, relatives, friends, etc. In this area, the Archdiocese of Baltimore Project Rachel has extensive information on the Web, and the Archdiocese of Washington Project Rachel can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-853-4565.
Pro-Life License Plates in Maryland
Unlike other states, Maryland has not had a big battle over state-sponsored Choose Life license plates. But Maryland has a system whereby non-profit organizations can have their own license plate designs. Once approved, these license plates are available only to members of the sponsoring organizations. Applications for the plates are made through the organization, which handles the paperwork with the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). You pay the organization an amount which includes the state specialty plate charge as well as something for the organization's work. Two pro-life license plates have become available through this mechanism.
||Choose Life of Maryland, Inc., the state affiliate of Choose Life, Inc., which works to make Choose Life license plates available all across the USA, makes these plates available. For more information, e-mail Choose Life of Maryland or call them at 410-987-0313. Or send a check for $40 payable to Choose Life of Maryland, Inc., Attn: Anne Marie Johnson, 1 Church View Road, Millersville, MD 21108 with your name, address, phone number and email address. Upon receipt of the check, Choose Life of Maryland will mail you an application form to be completed and returned.
||Maryland Right to Life makes these plates available. If interested in obtaining this license plate, e-mail Maryland Right to Life with your name and mailing address or call them at 410-269-6397. They will mail the required MVA paperwork and further information to you.
Maryland/DC Pro-Life Groups
|This page also available at http://mdprolife.shorturl.com/||
For more information on an item, click on the title.